Thursday, September 11, 2008

Love of a Grandfather


My Grandfather is 86 years old. He is not in very good health, and was rushed to the hospital this morning after a fall. We do not know what is going on right now, but they have him in ICU. Grandaddy is the most amazing man you could ever meet!!!! He has a very deep love and devotion for my grandmother that passed away three years ago. When anyone ask him if he is married he will tell them yes, but they are temporarily seperated. He has always had the same love and devotion for his kids, grandkids, and great grandkids. He has five children, 12 grandkids, 15 great grandkids. I love this man dearly!! I got married on his birthday, because it was his birthday. Grandma, and Grandaddy would always make their rounds on christmas morning to see what Santa brought all the grandkids, and would end at our house to have Christmas breakfast. After breakfast I would go back to there house to help get everything ready for the family to come for Christmas at their house. I have always loved and cherrished the time I spent with them. I don't know if God is ready to take him home to be with Grandma or not. I can only know that that God knows the right time. I can rest assure that if his time is now he will be with God and Grandma. If this is the time it will hurt, but I know that I have 34 years of wonderful memories of a wonderful, loving, caring, God fearing man. Please pray that if it is his time that he does not suffer. I love you Grandaddy!!!!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love you Cassie! Sweet memories for a wonderful man who loves and adores all of you. He reminded me very much of my own Grandaddy when I met him.

Allison said...

Your family is in our prayers. I know how difficult this must be for you and your kiddos. He really is a wonderful man with such wit. I'm thankful to have met him and see how close you guys are!!

MADDIE said...

I am so sorry your grandfather is having a rough time right now. Please know we are praying for all of you! Don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to help you guys! Luv ya!

Angie said...

I'm sorry that your family is going through a difficult time. I too was so close to my Granny...it is hard to describe the love of a grandparent, but you've done a wonderful job of expressing your love for him. Bless you during this time....God's peace and comfort to you, your grandfather, and the rest of your family.